An opencart is the best platform for an e-commerce startup?

I want to start an online store so which platform should i should for successfully e-commerce startup.

It depends on your skills set and the ecommerce store requirements. As there are many ecommerce scripts available like woocommerce, opencart, Magento & PrestaShop.

If you need simple and easy to manage go with woocommerce. Opencart is also good but hard to manage like installing plugin and etc.

Right Abhishek, I was going to suggest same. :slight_smile:

Hello @aniketsharma
“which type of ecommerce business You want to start?”
If you want to open a multivendor ecommerce store (like Amazon, Flipkart, and eBay) where different merchants can sell products and you earn revenue through commission, then, build it on platforms like Yo!Kart & CS-cart. Or in case you simply want to sell things online (which means you need a single online store like Nike’s or any other brand’s online store), then Shopify, BigCommerce will be a good choice for you.

I would say now. Opencart has too many limitations which wont fit in with your expectation.

Hello aniket,

If you want to any help then you can reach me at 9722273666 or 9157373666 and skype:nirutechnolabs

I think it depends on your purpose. If you want a simple ecommerce platform, OpenCart will be good for you. But if you want a more powerful platform, I will recommend Magento. Magento has many extensions can help you optimize your conversion rate better, such as: One Page Checkout, Mega Menu, …

Do give a try with www.forevershop.in, which is free and gives you complete control to do a online business.

I will definitely go with WooCommerce if I needed a simple store and with Prestashop if I needed a shop with more capabilities.
Prestashop is a pure eCommerce software, but it could be tricky if you just need simple selling features.
Both are free with no monthly fees and they support unlimited categories and products.
I would also suggest you to find a good hosting provider as if not you can have several issues when you run your shop