Hi every one. i am going to startup my classified website in few months but i don’t know the legal steps i have to take before my site launch. i am a programmer and 4m kolkata. if anyone can help me with or if give me reference with whom i can talk to in kolkata it will be big help for me.
nice to see you start a new startup, you have to follow this steps. steps 1 and 2 done by any C.A.
- register your firm with any name if it is private than ok otherwise better to register as LLP - Cost Rs.2500/- to 5000/- = time: 15 days to 30 days with digital signature.
- Register your logo with trademark under the firm( firm name and your website name an be different if you want) - trademark + register = Rs.10000/- = Time: 1-2 month with digital signature
- make a current account in any good bank after you received pan number after registration. cost = min amount as per bank from Rs.2500/- (BOB) up to Rs.25000/-(HDFC).
Have a nice day
bhargav h upadhyay
I would suggest don’t bother about the legal issues. Nothing you’ll do in the next 6-12 months will be close to being illegal & have any impact on your startup’s future.
You must make sure you maintain a record of all expenses you incur. That’s about it.
Focus on developing an awesome product which people will use & let nothing else distract you.
All the best!
Thanks everyone for replying me with your best ability.
today i contact with www.quickcompany.in they will do the rest for me. i just need to submit all the required docs to them and they will complete my company registration for me.
Information regarding One Person Company
Inclusive of all taxes & government fees
- What you get
• 1 x Digital Signature
• 1 x Director Identification Number
• Memorandum of Association / Articles of Association
• Name Approval & Certificate of Incorporation
• PAN & TAN Application
• CA support
3. Scanned Documents Needed
For 1 Director + 1 Nominee
- Pan Card
- Identity proof (Aadhar card / Driving License / Passport / Voter ID)
- Passport Photo
- Address Proof (Mobile Bill / Latest Bank Statement / Electricity Bill )
- DSC Form for Foreign Citizens / NRIs
For Company Office
- One of the following
a) For rented property - Rent Agreement (Notarised)
b) For own Property (Director / Relative) - Registry Proof / House Tax Receipts
- Latest Electricity Bill / Water Bil / Gas Bill / Mobile - Landline Bil
- NOC from the owner property to the name of any director
After Name Approval Notarization will be done by us,you just need to sign the following documents:-
- INC-2 / INC-10 (Self Attested)
- INC-9 (Notarized by us)
- Affidavit (Notarized by us)
REGARDING NAMES OF YOUR COMPANY, PLEASE THINK OF 3TO 5 NAMES… NAMES SHOULD INCLUDE YOUR SERVICES.
Printed / Hard Copies are not needed
what all of think about it?
- The advantage of OPC is u get the freedom of a sole proprietorship minus the liability .
- You and your company (of which you are the sole independent director ) are two different legal entities .Hence your personal and inherited assets will not come under any purview even if your company down the line faces any legal issues / compensation etc .
- You can get co-founders to join your OPC as associate director , but in the normal case of a company limited by shares , they cannot hold equity stake in the company.
- An OPC director cannot hold directorship in any other private / public limited company . In case you wish to work with other startups / established companies the best legal way is to offer your services as a consultant to such firms .
- One of the greatest overheads I face is with CA and auditing fees in the first few years which costs about 15000₹ a year , but based on my interactions with others ,there’s nothin you can do about that , since that’s the way the system is structured in our country even for startups .
- In that same thread even office rental , and Internet charges are a overhead , though coworking spaces do offer a cost effective alternative to entrepreneurs.
- Starting a company is a serious business and as the forum posters mentioned take time of to think a lot about it before you venture down that road .
- Personally I think it’s a good idea to save up at least a year(or two) worth of cash for your expenditures , and take a health insurance cover which costs about 5000₹ a year , so that you can focus on building a great product / service , without letting money and life’s uncertainties come in the way of your entrepreneurial ambitions.
All the best !
If you could be a bit more specific about the nature of your classified business, where you see possible copyright infringement, potential for illegal usage of site material etc, i am sure a Company Secretary or a Legal Secretary , or even an expert entrepreneur can give you specific advise on it.
However, maybe this post would give you more information in this regard.
On startups forum i believe @andria from www.MyCounsel.in had posted their service offering some time back, though you have to check with them if they offer services in Kolkata.
MyCounsel.in- Legal | Incorporation | Trademark | Free Legal Advice
Register your company name and logo, get the reademark. It’s important to maintaining all the records properly.