Opening a fast food shop


sir/mam i am planning to open a fast food shop in my property which will include fried chicken,burger and french fries.Do i require any license or documents?? if yes then please specify.Your help will be highly appreciated


It is compulsory to have a Food License to carry out any business activity which deals with production, manufacture, processing, distribution, selling, import, export, stock of any food article or beverage and it includes Dairy Business, Meat processing, Restaurants.

Major Registration under FSSAI are :

Registration : Any person who is engaged in any business and deals with food article and beverage with a turn over of Rs. 0- Rs. -12 lakhs.

State FSSAI license if Turnover exceeds Rs. 12 lakhs.

Alongside the FSSAI license, you will require

–Shop Establishment license.

–Permission from Municipal Body.

It is advised for you to get your business incorporated, if you are planning to open small business , then sole proprietorship or One person Company are option available. Otherwise you can proceed with Limited Liability or private limited company.

For Sole Proprietorship and to open bank account for smooth business transactions, you will need:-

Service tax registration/ shops and establishment license

Address and ID Proof of the proprietor. If proprietorship address is different, then by providing office premise address proof.

The process might seem daunting at first but it isn’t! The registration might take around 30-45 days. All the best for your venture!


FSSAI license is required