Why is training so expensive ? A short story & a Question

Hello Friends,
Last week I posted an opening for Game development & Mobile Application Development on LetsIntern.com and received a handful of potential student profiles.
While conducting the interviews i came across the profile of a youngster who was offered a JAVA training for 1 Lakh from a top training institution (with job guaranteed…but i am not sure what that means ?)
He would like to stay in his town and work, but had to migrate to the city in search of a job.
Right now he is joining a TV showroom ,and plans to study JAVA in his free time at home.

Do you think there is a market here that as entrepreneurs we can leverage.
Many of the students who graduate from colleges in India do not pick up the requisite skills for career growth . This particular candidate said his 4 year stint at engineering was not exactly a great educational experience (looks like not much has changed in 15 years :unamused:)

How can we reach out to students from rural / semi-urban areas to offer computer training / placement ?

Ron, this topic is very close to my heart. Essentially the finishing school for the graduates.

As you mentioned there is gap in our education system. If students are lucky they may get placed in companies who will put them in initial training or on job, else they fritter their time away in finding the right path.

I am very much interested in running a practical code academy and utilizing the “Bright” graduates for the product or placement. Backward integration on shoe string.

Hey i have come up with an Idea Lab at my startup through which i can network with like minded techies / entrepreneurs / reformers throughout India.
When i find an idea that matches with the social benefit vision of my startup , I add it to the list. Some of the ideas are in the following domains

• Social Media
  • EduTech
  • GovTech
  • Game Development
  • Customer Relationship Management
  • Content Management Systems
  • CivicTech
  • Machine Learning / AI
  • Social Entrepreneurship
    Tho’ networking across India is the idea, i find keeping in touch with people outside your startup city is very difficult.

Ron, that’s very good initiative. I will join the idealab.

You may want to consider a monthly Skype/hangout to discuss the ideas.

I would like to extend upon edutech and look forward to leverage your experience.